Love for cooking

I am so excited to start blogging about food and traditional venezuelan recipes! Since immigrating to Australia in 2008 I've found that I had no choice but to learn how to cook the most traditional recipes from Venezuela from scratch especially if I want my daughters to grow up knowing some of her heritage what better than food, it's amazing the things we give for granted. Some dishes are so traditional that I've no found a similar one in Australia even finding the ingredients it's an adventure. The names of the ingredients vary depending on the region from Venezuela or South America you are coming from so even translating the ingredients into English is a challenge.One of the things that I love about Australia is the diversity of the people which bring so many different cultures together sharing one of the most representative items of a country which is the food. For me Food represents who you are, it comes from the heart and brings family and friends together. Soo the purpose of this blog is to share not only venezuelan recipes but all those yummy recipes that I've learnt since my arrival to this wonderful land. I hope readers of this blog enjoy my recipes and I am happy to receive new recipes. I will cook a recipe per entry, challenges are acepted as well!!! Let's the cooking begin =).

Comments