Product Review - Stand Mixer Breville The Scraper Mixer Duo

Hello and welcome back to my kitchen!

Lately, I have been reading product review sites before buying a product for almost anything! Make up, clothing, kitchen stuff, etc. Sometimes, it is not easy to find a complete review so I've decided to share my thoughts about products I've bought and tested as a regular consumer (not an expert!). So since I've been so much into baking I chose to review the Breville The Scraper Mixer Duo Stand Mixer. This is not sponsored content and my husband gave me this mixer as a mother's day present 5 1/2 years ago, so quite a long time for testing period, and if you want to know my two cents keep on reading.

Let’s start with the positives:

- Stylish, looks great on my kitchen counter.

              

- Easy to clean, I clean it with a damp wipe and then wipe it dry and it looks quite good no finger prints marks and the attachments are easy to remove and clean.

- 8 speed settings with description indicating when to use them which is very useful specially if you are a beginner like I was when I got it.

                                                  

- Accessories: it comes with a stainless big steel bowl and small bowl and 6 attachments. You can also now get a glass bowl.

Small bowl Paddle and Wire attachment
Big Bowl Paddle, Scraper, Hook and Wire attachment

You can buy the ice cream bowl with the paddle attachment which I bough a year later, and it works OK. The mixing bowls come with cover to ease the ingredients adding and decrease the splashing or spills of batter whilst mixing, very handy.

                

                 

- In built timer count down or up.

                                       


- Price $ and good value (AUD$ 300 approx vs. AUD$900 Kitchen Aid ).

Having a stand mixer is not a must but it would definitely make your life easier in the kitchen when baking especially when making icing like Italian meringue or Swiss butter cream where you need to mix and add ingredients at the same time, the mixture comes out silky and well mixed although when making cakes you still need to fold at the end with a spatula just to make sure everything is mixed, I have had some cake batter with lumpy bits or not 100% mixed dry ingredients.

Now with the negatives:
- Not as durable: I’ve had this mixer for 5 1/2 years and now it’s in need of repairs. For some reason the speed controller is faulty. I am not sure if it has something to do with the fact that it does not have an on/off switch or if it’s just the way it is. Anyone had the same experience?

So even thought I have to pay for repairs, this is a pretty good mixer considering that I actually used it a lot in the past 5 1/2 years, so it is good value for money definitely. If I need to change it, I might get the same mixer or perhaps change to another brand to try. What do you guys think? Let me know!

So if you are a beginner looking for a good stand mixer than can help you make a variety of baked goods: cakes, bread, cupcakes at a home based scale at a medium budget, consider this stand mixer.

Hope this was helpful and happy baking!!

Lulu

Lulu

Comments